Monday, November 29, 2010

Beautiful Greer

Check out the latest Cosmopolitan Bride
















































To see our beautiful Greer in her fabulous wedding gown.
Greer immediately fell in love with this divine vintage creation.
Her Mum, Margaret did those special mum things in reworking a 'few' seams as well as sewing a matching full tulle petticoat (if you have ever made one, you know the mammoth effort in dealing with layers and layers of tulle all bound with satin ribbon) Margaret tell us she used an adaption of a pattern found on site http://www.pettipond.com/

Being a full on team effort, I have some fun photos only Greer and I share, of her headpiece veiling soaking in a pot on my stove to obtain the perfect match.

Reminds me of the time I was studying under the famous milliner, Jean Carrol, when my white frilled and wired showstopper/skyscraper/Gone With The Wind/Exam Piece looked way too white for my liking. I soaked it in coffee, hung it on the clothesline and it was immediately attacked by every bird within cooee. After this drama, it was too 'coffee coloured' and soon was seen soaking in a tub of napisan! Passed the exam with ('scuse the pun) flying colours and my dear friend Jeannie remains unaware of the excercise to this day :-)

When my brides visit the studio seeking a vintage gown, I always stress that the key element of vision must be applied when opting to wear vintage. It's always worth the effort - and almost always cost effective. The bonus being that your gown will always be remembered as unique and you will never see another of the same.

My seamstresses and myself are often seen chopping out sleeves, reworking a modest bodice to a sassy new look, building new petticoats and more recently, applying a serious haircut to hemlines.
The draping, fabrics and laces of yesteryear are truly worth preserving and how wonderful to have a mum like Margaret to be part of the reworking process.

Coming soon is a full length cream tulle gown with detailed gold embroidery on the bodice and hemline - a real showstopper if you, like Greer, are seeking a Vintage Wedding.



No comments:

Post a Comment